Friday, April 2

The Healthiest Waffles Ever

Mmmm, I used to make these all the time! Thank goodness I got the waffle maker in the divorce (and by got, I mean took). I make these by the truckload and freeze them...they still taste great when toasted! Another archive recipe from November of 2008.

1 ripe banana (smushed)
2 cups soy milk (try different flavs for fun!)
1/2 c. uncooked oatmeal
2 tsp baking powder
vanilla or honey to taste
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tbsp. oil

Mix banana and milk. Add dry ingredients (leave lump) then mix in vanilla/honey. Add oil.

If you've ever used a waffle iron before then you know it's fool proof. Mine has a nifty little light that tells me when it's preheated and when my waffles are cooked. Easy peasy.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com - Header Illustration by JW Illustrations